Barcelona Has Six Untouchable Players in Their Squad
The Catalan giants, FC Barcelona, have an impressive number of world-class players in their squad. However, there is a select group of six players that have earned the title of “untouchable”. These players are valuable assets to the club and have all proven their loyalty, dedication and skill on the pitch, season after season.
Who Are the Six Untouchables?
The six untouchable players in the Barcelona squad are:
- Lionel Messi: Messi is the undisputed star of the team. He’s won a multitude of individual awards and is the top scorer in both La Liga and Barcelona’s history. He is inarguably one of the best players of all time and his impact on the club cannot be understated.
- Gerard Piqué: Piqué is an experienced defender who has been with Barcelona since 2008. He is known for his leadership on the pitch and for his comedy off it. He has won multiple team and individual awards, including the Lamborghini Cup for Best Defender.
- Sergio Busquets: The midfield maestro has been a staple in Barcelona’s midfield since joining in 2008. Busquets is a top defensive midfielder with great passing accuracy, positioning and tackling. He has won the UEFA Cup, UEFA Champions League and La Liga amongst other titles.
- Xavi: The midfield master, Xavi, is one of the most decorated players in Barcelona’s history. He is known for his technical skill and precise passing, which helped Barcelona win multiple titles, including four UEFA Champions League triumphs. He retired in 2019 after spending 17 seasons at the club.
- Andrés Iniesta: Iniesta is arguably the best Spanish player of all time. He is known for his ability to make “magic” on the pitch with a single pass or dribble. He has won a plethora of individual and team awards and was the captain of the team in 2018.
- Marc-André ter Stegen: Ter Stegen is Barcelona’s first-choice goalkeeper since 2014. He is known for his shot-stopping ability and his quick reflexes in net. He has won the La Liga numerous times, including the last season.
These six players have earned the title of “untouchables” for their skill, loyalty and dedication to the club. They are some of the most valuable players in Barcelona’s squad and will continue to be so for many more years to come.